Last updated September 7, 2016.
Many student groups and McCourt initiatives have application deadlines coming up. Don’t miss your chance to join these exciting organizations!
This post lists upcoming links to application instructions for all McCourt student organizations, and will be updated with new information as it becomes available.
Not sure where to start? Check our our overview of all student organizations and other groups at McCourt.
Student groups at McCourt
Starting this year, all student groups at McCourt will have a uniform timeline for applications and interviews for leadership positions. The deadline to apply for leadership positions for all groups is September 9th at 5pm. All student groups will conduct interviews during the week of September 12-16 and will have their teams completed at the latest on September 19.
- Applications are due by Friday, September 9 for First-Year Representatives and Policy Chairs. Interviews will take place the following week, from September 12-16.
- Each First-Year Representative will work with each GPPSA Director to enhance the student experience here at McCourt! We encourage you to read more about each of the Directors’ duties and reach out to the Director for the position(s) you are applying for to learn more
- The application and more information is available here.
- Email email@example.com by Monday, September 2 at 5:00 pm with the following information:
- Your name and class year
- Your position of interest (view information on open positions here)
- Your resume
- 1-2 paragraphs describing why you are interested in this position and how you believe you would contribute to EduWonks in a meaningful way.
- Please highlight your experiences in education (if any)
- Please note any topics or issues in education that interest you
- In-person interviews will be conducted from September 2nd-9th. Final selections will be made no later than Friday, September 9th.
- No application is required for general membership; just go to the EduWonks Hoya Link page and click “Join organization,” and follow EduWonks on Facebook to hear about upcoming events.
- Read more about EduWonks in this Q&A.
- Applications for the Policy Conference Executive Committee Leadership positions are being accepted until September 11th at 6PM.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed during the week of Sept, 12.
- To submit your application, please fill out this form and send your CV(s) to Béatrice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check your email for more details regarding the positions.
- To apply for open leadership positions, fill out this form.
- Read more about WIPPI and find descriptions for open leadership positions here: WPPI Position Description.
- No application is required for general membership.
- Read more about WPPI in this Q&A with last year’s co-presidents.
- In order to join MPiP, please complete the following steps by September 9, 2016 at 11:59pm:
- An application is required for both general membership and leadership positions.
- Read more about MPiP in this Q&A.
- Apply using the form here for positions by Friday, September 9th at 5:00 PM.
- GPPR will also be hosting an informational session, currently scheduled for Thursday September 8th, 5:30-6:30 PM in the Old North Student Lounge.
- If you have any questions about the application process or about individual positions, e-mail Justin Goss at email@example.com.
- To apply for leadership positions, please fill in the application form here. Applications are due Friday, September 9 at midnight. In your statement, please specify the position of your interest.
- Sign up to be a general member here. All Members will be invited to internal policy discussions, happy hours and group outings. Members will also receive a bi-weekly full version of East Asian Newsletter produced by EAPA’s research department.
- For more information regarding open positions, check your georgetown email. If you have any questions, please contact Leyla Jiang, president of EAPA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read more about EAPA in this Q&A.
Applications for leadership positions (Vice President, Treasurer, Director of Planning & Strategy, Director of Communications, and Member-at-Large) for Public Policy OUT will open on Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
If you have any questions or if you’d just like to talk, Celeste Chen (email@example.com) will be holding a casual meet-and-greet in the Student Lounge on Thursday, Sept. 8 between 4-6PM.Applications will close the following week on Thursday, Sept. 15 at 5PM. Please apply if you’re interested!
- McCourt E&E is looking for those with general interest in energy & environmental policy for several leadership roles from event-planning to finance. Please sign-up here by September 16th.
- You can also like us on Facebook, follow @McCourtEE on Twitter, and check out our blog.
- SAPRI is currently calling out to all McCourt students interested in holding a leadership position to apply and express their interest by 11:59pm, Wednesday September 14th. To apply, fill out this short form available at the following link and attach a copy of your resume: SAPRI APPLICATION FORM 2016-17
- The following positions are open for interested students:
- Policy & Program Manager
- External Relations Coordinator
- Communications Manager
- MPP Representative
- MIDP Representative
- Alumni Outreach Manager
- If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact Ananthi Bharadwaj or Raiyan Kabir.
- Applications are due Friday Sept. 2 by 11:59 PM. Follow the applications instructions found on the form here.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kristina Rodriquez or Margaret O’Bryon.
- Read more about the Policy Innovation Lab in this Q&A.
- If you would like to get involved with GradGov, please contact our Chief of Staff, Brian Bumpas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send an email to our mailbox (email@example.com).
Groups at Georgetown
- Open membership: No application required.
- Read more about GUSVA in this recent Q&A.
- More information coming soon!