Faculty and student internship contacts
The GPPSA database list (GU login required) includes resources about student and faculty who can help you learn about potential employers:
- Check out the Internship Contact Database to see where students have interned in the past, and to connect with them to learn more about their experiences.
- The faculty policy areas of interest and employment affiliations spreadsheet lists faculty members’ policy interest areas, as well as their current and former places of employment.
McCourt career development resources
McCourt has excellent career resources for current students and for alumni. Be sure to check your GU email account for the Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement’s weekly “McCourt School of Public Policy Career News” email, an essential resource full of internship listings, upcoming employer information sessions, skills workshops, and more.
The McCourtConnects! database (use your GU login) is your one-stop-shop to find jobs, connect with employers, and RSVP for upcoming career events on campus. Anything in the weekly email mentioned above will also be in the McCourtConnects! database.
One-on-one career advising
You should schedule an appointment with someone from the Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement (listed below) as soon as possible to discuss your goals and start planning for your internship or post-graduation job search.
Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement Team
Briana Green, Director, Office of Career Development and Alumni Engagement
Location: Old North 103
Katrina Randolph, Assistant Director of Employer Relations
Location: Old North 105C
Page Morton, Career Coach
Location: Old North 107
Scheduling an Appointment
You can schedule counseling appointments in McCourtConnects!
- To create a counseling request click on the “Calendar” tab on the top navigation bar and then click on the “Counseling Appointment” tab and click “Request New Appointment”.
- Set the Counseling Type filter to view available counselors and to set additional filters.
- Click on a date to see available appointments and select the desired time.
- Once a time is selected, the details will appear and click “Submit Request”