The Georgetown Public Policy Student Association (GPPSA) serves as the student government at the McCourt School of Public Policy. Our mission is to facilitate communication and collaboration among students, administrators, and faculty as well as to enhance the academic, social, and professional experiences of McCourt students.
Throughout the year, GPPSA provides support to student groups and promotes student ingenuity and engagement by funding student-driven initiatives that extend graduate learning beyond the classroom. GPPSA-sponsored programs range from speaker series on cutting edge policy issues, policy debates, skills workshops, and brown bag lunches with faculty to sightseeing tours of D.C., community service projects, and networking happy hours with alumni.
GPPSA also builds community at McCourt by hosting social and diversity events including an international potluck and cultural festival, trivia nights, election watch parties, student-faculty holiday mixers, and an annual end-of-year Policy Prom.
- Ensure responsiveness, accountability, and transparency of GPPSA and McCourt;
- Inform students of available resources and how to navigate administrative processes;
- Build the McCourt community in Old North, Georgetown, and beyond;
- Provide opportunities for professional development and promote professionalism;
- Work with the administration in creating a robust academic curriculum.